Free from Cue Learning June 12, 2021
True success in spelling comes when schools have a strategy that integrates and evolves with every year level.
In this episode, one of Australia’s top educators and Teacher’s Tool Kit regular Diane Snowball joined us to talk about how to do that.
The trio talk about:
- How to teach in a coordinated way across the school that addresses the two spelling strands:
- Teaching children HOW to learn words in a deeper way
- Teaching children a range of strategies to work out how to spell unknown words (phonetic, visual, morphemic)
- How do we work out a scope and sequence?
- How to approach F, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- How to coordinate evaluation across the school.